All in one grits pot. This seals in all the flavors. Since the shrimp cooks in the residual heat of the Instant Pot, make sure you close the Instant Pot immediately after adding the If you've never tried grits, this is the way to try them because they go so well with the shrimp. It's a meal-in-one that's delicious and satisfying.
The pressure cooker does all of the work for you. This Instant Pot Grits recipe uses stone ground grits. They are by far the most flavorful grits but they take the longest to cook. You can have All in one grits pot using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of All in one grits pot
- It’s 1 cup of grits.
- Prepare 2/3 lb of ground sirloin.
- You need 1/2 cup of cubed mild cheddar cheese.
- It’s 4 large of eggs.
- It’s 3 1/2 cup of water.
- It’s 1 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground black pepper fresh.
- It’s 1 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of granulated garlic powder.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chives.
- You need 1/2 cup of margarine.
The Instant Pot makes smooth, creamy grits nearly effortless. You don't have to stand over a hot stove constantly stirring with this method, a real plus when you Grits are also a nice alternative to rice or potatoes. This simple method uses the pot-in-pot method, which makes for easy removal and cleanup. Home » Instant Pot » Instant Pot Shrimp and Grits.
All in one grits pot step by step
- In a pot , nonstick is best add 3 cup of water grits and margarine bring to boil stir very good so grits dont clump up.
- Add sirloin crumbled up add spices stir very well cover let cook 7 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Add half cup of water stir very well , then Add in eggs try not to break the yokes add cheese gently stir cover eggs with grits cover for 2 and a half minutes turn off heat let sit 2 and a half minutes covered and undisturbed.
- Serve immediately add chives on top.
Shrimp and grits is a traditional southern recipe originating from both Native American and West African roots. Add wine and cook for about five minutes, making sure to scrape up all the fond (brown bits) from the bottom of the pot. From one of Gooseberry Patch's newest cookbooks (Fall, Family & Friends) comes this very Southern recipe for Shrimp & Grits. Now I am not In a check on Amazon, I discovered a cookbook devoted ENTIRELY to shrimp & grits, can you believe it? Add all ingredients to an oven safe cooking bowl.