*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter. Spiced Jamaican Saltfish fritters – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside. These West Indian salt fish fritters are perfect finger food. Serve with plenty of pepper sauce for dipping.
Here is how you achieve that. Ingredients of *EASY* Vegan "salt fish" Fritter. Great recipe for *EASY* Vegan "salt fish" Fritter. You can cook *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter
- You need 1/3 cup of small diced green peppers.
- It’s 1/3 cup of small diced onion.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Marinated artichoke chopped (optional).
- It’s 2 cups of AP flour.
- You need 1 tsp of baking soda OR baking powder.
- It’s 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp of old bay season.
- It’s 1 tsp of seafood season (if you have).
- Prepare 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- You need of Oil for frying (shallow fry).
This recipe has to be the tastiest, easiest , most affordable, snack I've ever made! This is FILLING and I hope you enjoy this recipe. Modify to your liking , and let me know how it goes for you After having so much success with our Sweet Potato Quinoa Fritters, we wanted to try our hand at a vegan version. So we tested a few variations, and this simple zucchini-dill flavor was the winner!
*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter step by step
- Combine flour, baking soda and all spices. Combine well.
- Now add the peppers and onions (artichoke if you want) Artichoke is for fish like texture. Either way will be fine.
- Now little by little add the water. You need a thick pancake like consistency. Not too loose. You may NOT need all of the water.
- Once oil is hot, get a heaping spoon and carefully place the batter in the oil. Once hard one one side, flip and lightly flatten the fritter. For even cooking. May have to flip a few times. This should make about 8-10 fritters.
- Once golden brown. Sprinkle some salt and you’re done. Pair with some fried plantain. !!.
We swapped eggs for chickpea "eggs" to keep them plant-based and gluten-free. And the result was tender, sturdy fritters that are versatile, quick and easy to make, and incredibly flavorful. These vegan apple fritters are crispy, golden brown pastries with a soft inside and sweet apple chunks! They are topped off with a super simple vanilla glaze to sweeten things up and add a nice shine. The result is the best egg and dairy free apple fritters that are so easy to make at home, even for beginners!