Vegan mince pies. These homemade Vegan Mince Pies hold the very essence of Christmas in their delicious pastry crusts. Vegan mince pies – a vegan version of the popular Christmas treat with boozy, easy to make home-made mincemeat and crisp coconut oil pastry. What is your favourite festive food?
Mince pies have a history as varied and rich as their filling. Their origins are implanted deep in history, and they've even been caught up in some intriguing, longstanding legends. Chop the apples into little chunks and place into a large saucepan and add in the orange juice & zest, sweetner, raisins. You can cook Vegan mince pies using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan mince pies
- Prepare 250 g of plain flour.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- You need Jar of mincemeat.
- Prepare 10 tablespoons of cold water.
- You need 80 g of sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of coconut oil (or other oil).
Perfectly flakey vodka pastry, filled with spiced fruit mince – you'll not find a more delicious vegan mince pie recipe anywhere! Vegan mincemeat pies are just as delicious as any mincemeat pie. Perfect for the holiday season, these vegan mincemeat pies are likely to be eaten up quickly. Grain Free & Vegan Mince Pies with coconut flour, gingerbread spiced crust.
Vegan mince pies instructions
- Mix together the flour, sugar, salt and oil until you have breadcrumbs in the bowl..
- Slowly add the water mixing until you have a firm dough. Add more water or flour if too wet/dry..
- Roll out the dough and use a cookie cutter to make large circles. Place them in a muffin tin and shape..
- Fill each piece of pastry with mincemeat and roll out the remain dough. Cut into stars and pop on the top..
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and put your pies in the fridge to chill while the oven heats up..
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and sprinkle with icing sugar..
Traditional mince pies made in a not so traditional fashion ✔️. Mince pies are a Christmas essential, and this easy vegan mince pie recipe means everyone can tuck in. Find more Christmas vegan recipes at Tesco Real Food. No-Bake Vegan Banoffee Pie -Banana Caramel Pie With Chocolate And Coconut. I love the soft, crumbly texture of these Raw Mince Pie crusts, based on a combination of coconut flour and cashews.