🍮 Cream Caramel Pudding/Flan. Silky smooth, creamy, rich and sweet custard topped with oozing caramel sauce. Creme Caramel/milk leche/custard flan/ caramel flan, is an international favourite. The variation of names is a testament to how far reaching across the globe this favourite dessert really is.
Flan has been a staple of Mexican and Latin American cuisine since Spaniards brought it to Mexico during the Spanish occupation. In a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat. Purin (aka Caramel Pudding or Creme Caramel). You can cook 🍮 Cream Caramel Pudding/Flan using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of 🍮 Cream Caramel Pudding/Flan
- It’s of For the caramel topping.
- Prepare 3-4 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 splash of water.
- Prepare of For the pudding/flan.
- It’s 4 of eggs (substitute it for egg replacer [follow instructions]).
- You need 2 tbsp of sweetened condensed milk (try to look for dairy-free).
- You need 1 of treacle of boiled milk (use dairy-free plant-based milk).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla extract (by Foster Clarks).
- Prepare of For the topping (use any of your choice or all, if possible).
- It’s of Red (or green) maraschino cherries (I use Hosen).
- You need of Whipped cream.
- Prepare of Rainbow sprinkles.
- You need of Chocolate syrup (by Hershey's).
- You need of Strawberry syrup (by Hershey's).
- You need of Tinned mixed fruit cocktail (by Hosen).
Ingredients There are many regional varieties of flan/creme caramel all over the world, with some places eating it with dulce de leche and using condensed milk, and others adding cream cheese. Cream caramel, flan, or caramel pudding with sweet syrup and mint leaf isolated on white background. The caramel and cream just go together very well. Everyone will love this baked flan recipe.
🍮 Cream Caramel Pudding/Flan step by step
- To make this pudding or flan come to life, make the caramel topping first. Place 3 to 4 teaspoons of sugar on a silver wok and stir it with a metal spoon till the sugar turns into a reddish tint. Once the sugar dissolves and gets that desired hue, splash a bit of water to loosen the stickiness. At this stage, please be careful and look after yourself while you continue to stir the hot caramel. Any type of carelessness or distraction while making this can lead to serious injuries!.
- Pour the caramel in the metal mould. Once again… please be very careful while pouring it!!! Wear your oven-mittens and let this chill in the fridge. Now, start making the main body for the pudding/flan..
- Whisk 4 eggs (egg replacer powder mixed with water) and sweetened condensed milk (choose a plant-based version instead of the ones that come from the dairy) till they come together. Pour the boiled milk (plant-based; dairy-free) in a small steady stream and gradually, add the vanilla till they're all combined into a thick, velvety mixture..
- Give the pudding or flan batter 1 final stir with a metal spoon. Bring out the metal mould with the set caramel topping from the fridge. Strain it through a sieve to trap any air bubbles. If you don't do that, your dessert could end up having large holes like Swiss cheese and you obviously don't want that!.
- Cover the filled mould with aluminum foil, place it inside the giant steaming metal pot pre-filled half the way with water with a metal rack. If you're using a gas stove, the flame should be on medium heat and if you're using electric stove, adjust your temperature to medium… we don't want the pudding/flan to be neither undercooked with a low flame nor overcooked with a high flame. After everything's set, cover the steamer with a metal lid and put a brick on the top to hold it in place..
- My cream caramel/flan took approximately 2 hours 15 minutes to cook, even though it should normally take 2 hours 30 minutes to be done perfectly. I've chilled mine in the fridge for 48 hours before bringing it out to cut a tiny piece of it..
- Decorate this beauty with elegant toppings such as red maraschino cherries, tinned cocktail fruit, whipped cream, chocolate/strawberry syrup and/or rainbow sprinkles. But because of the lockdown caused by the covid-19 pandemic, the only topping I had in the fridge at the moment were these red rubies, otherwise known as the red maraschino cherries by Hosen. They are often sold in glass jars and soaked in syrup. How did the pudding/flan taste? It was… deeeelicious ! 😍🍮❤.
A small slice of this impressively rich, creamy flan dessert goes a long way. What a delightful finish for a special meal or holiday celebration. Flan Creme Caramel, a creamy in texture, Mexican dessert which I have given an Arabian touch to it by adding saffron and cardamom. I have added an Arabian touch to this Mexican dessert, and the outcome is a flavorful, elegant, and creamy crème caramel. How to make leche flan/ creme caramel?