Vickys Scottish Scones, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free.
You can have Vickys Scottish Scones, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Scottish Scones, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free
- You need 225 grams of plain flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 75 grams of soft cubed sunflower spread, gold-foil Stork margarine or butter.
- It’s 40 grams of golden castor sugar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of rice milk or as required.
Vickys Scottish Scones, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free step by step
- Preheat the oven to gas 7 / 220C / 425°F and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a large mixing bowl..
- Add the dairy-free spread (butter if not on a dairy-free diet) and rub into the flour with your fingers until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar, than add 2 tablespoons of preferred milk to start with and hand knead until a dough starts to form.
- The dough should be easily shaped but not wet, add more milk if required.
- Flour a surface and roll out the dough so it's 1 inch thick, this is the secret to the scones rising. Use a 2 inch fluted round cutter.
- Keep rolling the left over dough to get as many scones cut out as possible. You should get at least 10.
- Put the scones on the greased tray and brush the tops with a little more preferred milk to glaze, then bake for 10-12 minutes or until well risen and golden.
- Best eaten warm, split in half with butter or clotted cream (cashew cream recipe on my profile) and raspberry jam!.
- Freeze if not being all used the same day, they only keep a couple of days otherwise.
- These are my gluten-free versions https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338167-vickys-plain-scones-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/337840-vickys-fruit-scones-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-free.