Vickys Dried Fruit & Apple Scones, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Dried Fruit & Apple Scones, GF DF EF SF NF using 8 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Dried Fruit & Apple Scones, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 240 grams of gluten-free / plain flour.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of xanthan gum if using GF flour.
- Prepare 3 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 40 g of granulated sugar.
- You need 50 grams of sunflower spread /safe 'butter'.
- You need 125 grams of grated apple.
- It’s 50 grams of sultanas or dried cranberries.
- Prepare 90 mls of Light coconut milk as required, around.
Vickys Dried Fruit & Apple Scones, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat the oven to gas 8 / 230C / 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the flour, xanthan gum if using & baking powder in a bowl.
- Cut in the 'butter' and rub between your fingers until the flour resembles breadcrumbs then mix in the sugar.
- Mix in the apple and dried fruit and form a soft dough, adding the milk as necessary.
- Pat the dough out into a round an inch thick and cut out shapes with a 2.5 inch round cookie cutter. Keep reforming the dough and cutting the scones out. You should get around 12.
- Put onto the baking sheet, glaze the tops with some extra coconut milk and a sprinkling of sugar. Bake for 10 minutes, turn the trays and bake a further 8 minutes until lightly golden and well risen.
- Cool on a wire rack then split, butter each half and serve.