Vegan omelets. Whether you spell it omelette or omelet, the main thing is that this omelet is made I've created the BEST vegan omelet recipe, and can't wait to share with you how to make it! This chickpea omelette is the best invention for a vegan breakfast since sliced bread! It's vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, and of course egg-free, yet tastes surprisingly similar to egg.
Tofu and hummus provide a sturdy base, and nutritional yeast and spices add tons of flavor. Think going vegan means no more omelets for breakfast? Our simple tutorial will show you how easy it is to make a vegan omelet. You can have Vegan omelets using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan omelets
- It’s 6 tablespoons of chickpea flour.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt pinch of ground black pepper.
- It’s as needed of water.
- It’s 2 of medium onions.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fresh coriander or cilantro.
- You need 1/4 tsp of banking soda.
- It’s 4 tablespoons of oil.
To give our vegan omelette that super eggy flavor, we added Kala Namak salt, or Black Sea Salt. We hope you guys love this recipe for our vegan omelette as much as we do! Vegan Chickpea Omelette – NO EGGS! This wonderful egg-free vegan omelette is easy to make and good for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Vegan omelets instructions
- Mix chickpea flour with salt and pepper. Add water and mix until you have a creamy omelette batter. Add thinly sliced onions and chopped herbs. Mix everything together..
- Heat up some oil on a smaller pan. Scoop all the batter onto the pan and spread it out with a spoon so you have a nice round omelette..
- Cook for a few minutes (don’t cover the pan with a lid!). Flip the omelette over (use a thin spatula) and cook for a couple more minutes..
- Remove the heat. Let it cool a little bit, cut it and serve it.
Get the recipe here and try it tonight! This is the best egg-free and soy free vegan omelette ever! If you are looking for a quick and healthy breakfast, lunch or dinner… then this is it! However you want to spell it this Vegan Chickpea Omelet isn't made from eggs (technically that makes it a non-omelet but you get the point). In this Vegan It! episode: Lauren whips up a fluffy, filling and eggy omelette.