Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers). Using a non-serrated table knife, gently mix in buttermilk into the dry ingredients until just combined and the dough is soft and sticky. This is a whole-wheat version, only moderately sweet — the way I think scones should be. You can always top them with jam or honey if you want more Stir in oatmeal.
Whisk together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in medium bowl. Whisk together buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until batter is smooth. Whole wheat cranberry scones are dusted with powdered sugar, but you can always add a sweet glaze if you prefer more of a sweet topping. You can cook Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers) using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers)
- You need 1 1/2 cup of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of cold unsalted butter, cut into pieces.
- It’s 1 cup of lowfat buttermilk.
With so many indulgent things around us. I love scones so much, I keep a stick of butter in my freezer whenever a craving strikes! These were very good, my whole family loved them! Gina, I love your website, I have been on weight watchers for some time with great success, but I normally cook two.
Whole Wheat- Buttermilk Scone (Weight Watchers) step by step
- preheat oven to 400°F.
- whisk together all dry ingredients (first 6 ingredients) in a medium bowl. with pastry blender or two knives used scissors style, cut butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse scrubs. Add buttermilk to flour mixture, stirring just until moist dough forms..
- With floured hands, knead dough 6-8 times in bowl to bring dough together (dough will be shaggy).
- turn dough out onto lightly floured work surface and pat to 1/2 inch thickness. With floured 2.1/2 inch round cutter, cut out 10 rounds without twisting cutter. Gather scraps and reroll, making total of 12 scones. Place scones 1 inch apart on un-greased baking sheet..
- bake until golden brown, about 12 minutes. Transfer to wire rack; serve warm..
- Power Points per serving 4 . Makes 12 scones 56 grams each..
These basic Buttermilk Scones are made with lots of buttermilk of course For those of us who measure ingredients by weight, it would be so useful to provide this info as part I substituted whole wheat pastry flour and egg substitute because that's all I had in the house, and the. These scones are high-rising, tender, and tasty. Featuring both ground cinnamon and cinnamon chips, their aroma will fill the kitchen as they bake. Add butter, mixing into flour with your fingers. Add buttermilk and knead to a soft dough.