*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter. I wanted to share my take on some of my favourite Caribbean dishes! By all means, every island makes things slightly. Spiced Jamaican Saltfish fritters – Crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Claire Thomson: Salt fish is a really useful ingredient to have in the fridge, and it is easy to make your own. Try it in these delicious fritters. There are many ways in which salt fish is prepared in the Caribbean but the most popular way is fried. You can have *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of *EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter
- You need of small diced green peppers.
- Prepare of small diced onion.
- You need of Marinated artichoke chopped (optional).
- It’s of AP flour.
- Prepare of baking soda OR baking powder.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of paprika.
- Prepare of garlic powder.
- Prepare of old bay season.
- It’s of seafood season (if you have).
- You need of black pepper.
- You need of salt.
- You need of Oil for frying (shallow fry).
We say fried but what we really mean is sautéed with thyme, lots of onions, tomatoes, and hot pepper. The Best Jamaican Salt Fish Recipes on Yummly Vegan Jamaican Salt Fish, Callaloo And Saltfish, Salt Fish Fritters (jamaican Stamp N' Go). Salt-curing your own freshly caught fish not only saves room in the freezer, but it also connects you to an age-old preservation method.
*EASY* Vegan “salt fish” Fritter step by step
- Combine flour, baking soda and all spices. Combine well.
- Now add the peppers and onions (artichoke if you want) Artichoke is for fish like texture. Either way will be fine.
- Now little by little add the water. You need a thick pancake like consistency. Not too loose. You may NOT need all of the water.
- Once oil is hot, get a heaping spoon and carefully place the batter in the oil. Once hard one one side, flip and lightly flatten the fritter. For even cooking. May have to flip a few times. This should make about 8-10 fritters.
- Once golden brown. Sprinkle some salt and you’re done. Pair with some fried plantain. !!.
Use table salt or sea salt as your curing medium before air-drying the fish. When working with large quantities of fish, however, you may find rock salt the most economical. View top rated Salt fish fritter recipes with ratings and reviews. ~ (@skromney) в Instagram: «Tan riquísima 😍! We had so much fun making this súper delicious VEGAN SALT FISH, it was 🔥 just like…» Ackee and Salt Fish.