Cambodian pho " ka thiew". Ka'thiew is the Cambodian version of Pho and is hella good. I'm sure it has healing powers as well. When I make this I make sure I plan ahead and give myself all day (or night) to make this as I like to simmer the heck out of it to get that strong beef flavor.…
You can have Cambodian pho " ka thiew" using 15 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Cambodian pho " ka thiew"
- It’s 1 lb of beef bones(neck or ankle).
- It’s 1 of onion.
- It’s 1 of dried aniseed.
- It’s 1 of salt.
- Prepare 1 of chicken bouillon.
- Prepare 1 of sugar.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of fish sauce.
- It’s 1 of green onions.
- You need 1 of garlic.
- You need 1 of beef pho paste (optional).
- You need 1 of beef (sliced thin).
- It’s 1 of beef balls.
- Prepare 1 of siracha.
- Prepare 1 of hoisin sauce.
- You need 1 of rice noodles.
Cambodian pho " ka thiew" instructions
- boil beef bones, wash and rinse the beef bones and boil again fill up pot with water.
- cut onion in half and roast it on the stove and roast the aniseed.
- add roasted onion and aniseed to pot.
- add fish sauce, 1 tbls of chicken bouillon, sugar and salt to taste..
- boil for at least 3 hours, skim off fat..
- add more water and add more fish sauce, chicken bouillon and sugar according to taste..
- in an extra pot boil some water and grab some of the noodles and boil till soft..
- pour some soup over noodles, add rare sliced beef (it should cook in the soup) cilantro, green onions, fried garlic and beef balls. flavor with hoisin and hot sauce..